13 Aug Why Blogging?
Blogging: Why and How?
Many business owners know that blogging is important for the performance of their website, but don’t know where to begin. The Tembo Team wanted to outline the why’s and how’s of blog writing to offer some assistance.
1. For Search Engine Optimization
Adding fresh content to your website causes you to be relevant on search engines. By using keywords throughout your articles that are current and optimizing on-page content for SEO, search engines will place you higher on their results pages. Thus, increasing the chances you will gather leads by merely answering a question that is searched for on the internet.
2. To Gain Credibility
If approached correctly, blogging will increase your website’s credibility. Here are writing best practices:
- answer a question.
- stay consistent – post articles on a schedule.
- provide value to viewers in the form of factual information.
- link to reliable and well-known resources.
Continue to read about your field and research relevant topics on google trends in order to stay informed and gain insight on up and coming business practices. By committing to blogging on a timeframe, say every two weeks, you are bound to be constantly learning and growing while providing value to your readers.
1. Find a relevant topic, do your research: Before you begin writing blogs, commit to posting on a schedule (once a month, biweekly, etc.) and create a list of blog topics you want to cover. This will help immensely in the long run and will hold you more accountable for delivering results.
Tembo Tip: Use Yoast to check for SEO friendliness!
If you know that you need blogs for your business but you don’t know where to start, reach out to Tembo Collective. We have a team of skilled copywriters with expertise in SEO-friendly blog writing.